Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Book Tour: Alibi Junior High by Greg Logsted

Today, I've got a YA book tour from a fellow Knight Agency author. Check out the details below!

Also, talking about Young Adult books, The Book Smugglers are going to be holding a YA Book Appreciation Month. Follow the link to read the details!
________________

Alibi Junior High
B
y Greg Logsted
Aladdin
ISBN:
9781416979593
June 23, 2009
$15.99, Ages 10-14


Thirteen-year-old Cody Saron has been home schooled his whole life by his father, an undercover agent for the CIA. Cody has never lived the same life as other kids his age. He never went to a regular school, never lived in one place longer than a few weeks, never had a friend or played on any sports teams. Cody’s a black belt in the arts of Tae Kwon Do and Ju Jitsu. He speaks five languages and has traveled to every corner of the globe. But what Cody isn't prepared for is . . . junior high.

When the danger surrounding Cody's dad heats up like never before, Cody is sent to stay with the aunt he's never known, Jenny Williams, in her small Connecticut suburb. Cody knows how to pick a lock or follow a trail, but he has no idea how to fit in with regular kids, how to handle his first crush, or how to make it through a day of classes. How will he ever fit in?

“I just finished reading Greg Logsted’s Alibi Junior High in a single sitting. Thankfully the family had other things to do for a while because the author nailed me to the pages with his premise and with the fantastic pacing of this young adult novel. I wasn’t tempted even once to get up and go do something else. Logsted starts his spell on page one, and readers will have to stay with him to see what ultimately happens to Cody Saron, the 13-year-old professional spy.” ~ Mel Odol, INDENVER TIMES

Greg Logsted currently lives in Danbury with his wife and fellow author, Lauren Baratz-Logsted and their daughter Jackie. He is the author of Something Happened and coauthor of The Sisters 8 series for young readers.

www.greglogsted.com

8 comments :

orannia said...

Thank you Nalini! This does sound good, although I think the target audience is a little young for me *grin* ...although I'm currently reading Twilight so who knows :) It might be right up my niece's alley though...

And am so looking forward to The Book Smugglers' YA Appreciation Month!

Jory Strong said...

This looks like a fun story! Some of the best books I've read over the last year have been labeled YA.

Blodeuedd said...

Sounds like a cool book, I like that at the end, he knows everything, but is he prepared for junior high :)

Una said...

Thank you Nalini, this sounds really intriguing. I've found some YA to really be appealing to more than just younger audiences. Thank you again!

Christina said...

I think YA is a wonderful genre. I haven't read any new ones lately, but a few series I love are Lynee Ewing's Daughter of the Moon series, and PC Cast's House of Night series she co-writes with her daughter Kristen. Cast has awesome romance novels, and her YA ones are superb, too.

Tinuke said...

Thank for this Nalini have noted author and title. My son is a voracious reader at age 12 and I am always on the lookout for books for him this sounds right up his street.

YA is of necessity becoming an area that I have to explore as the children are getting older.

Annie said...

ahhh I will have to get that book for my oldest daughter who is getting ready to enter high school. She loves to read.

Greg Logsted said...

Thanks everyone for the great comments. Yes, I've gotten nothing but great reviews from kids who have read Alibi (especially boys)BUT adults have also loved it (I think we all remember what Junior high was like and can relate)

Thanks again for all your great comments.